Creating a beautiful fall tablescape on a budget
The season of friends, family and food is upon us. If you’re hosting a Thanksgiving meal in your home, you’re likely obsessing over each detail to make sure the evening goes just right. We can’t help you settle the debate of pumpkin vs. pecan, but we can help you make your table pretty and festive. You’ll probably even save enough to splurge on both types of pies!
Here are 5 simple ways to make a stylish impact:
- Go natural. Natural décor is often easy to find and very affordable. Consider adorning your table with fall foliage, pumpkins or even citrus for a fresh take on table décor. You can play into the theme by adding a burlap table running and fresh flowers. Photo credit: Annabode.com
- Mix and match. When planning for extra guests, you may not have enough matching place settings. Instead of spending on new sets, head to your local Goodwill and seek out plates, cups and serving items that complement each other by choosing items in a particular style or that have a common color.Photo credit: Everyday Dishes
- Add fun touches. A small token of thanks will go a long way in dressing up the table. Consider leaving a sweet treat or small gift at each setting. Get the recipe and instructions for creating these Sugar Cookie stackers here.
Photo credit: Lady Behind The Curtain
- Keep it simple. Sometimes less is more when it comes to seasonal décor. Choose solid linens and plates alongside one statement piece like a great centerpiece or colorful table runner.Photo credit: Town and Country Living
- DIY. Head over to our Pinterest page for tons of DIY projects that will take your Thanksgiving table from drab to fab. Here are a few of our favorites:Photo credit: Elements of Style
Photo credit: Pioneer Settler
Photo credit: Simply Kierste
If you’re still struggling to decide what you want your table to look like or simply need some inspiration, we suggest visiting your local Goodwill, choosing an item that you love and building the rest around it. A little creativity and flexibility will go a long way in ensure you enjoy a beautiful meal with those you love most.