Palmetto Goodwill’s weekly courses can help you gain the skills you need to make the most of every career opportunity. Courses are currently offered at the Palmetto Goodwill Community Service Center located at 2150 Eagle Drive, Bldg 100, North Charleston, SC 29406. More locations will be added to the schedule soon.
To register for a class or for more information, call (843) 377-2848.
- Basic Computer Skills: This class covers basic skills needed to operate a computer including professional use of email.
- Tuesdays, 10 a.m. – noon.
- Job Search & Resume Workshop: This workshop teaches you how to write an effective and professional resume. Please bring work history (employer name and address, position titles, dates, and job descriptions), education, training credentials, internships, volunteering experience, and three professional employment references.
- Tuesdays, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Interview Skills Workshop: Learn how to win at the interview. This workshop is designed for anyone preparing for their next employment opportunity. A mock interview will be tailored to fit the job description in which you are applying. Please dress professionally, bring a job description of the position you are interested in and your resume.
- Wednesdays, 10 a.m. – noon
- Soft Skills for Workplace Success: Working Smart: Do you want to harness your personal strengths to land the career you’ve always wanted? Do you keep getting interviews, but aren’t landing or keeping the job? Employers are looking for people who not only have the technical skills and experience to do the job but the “soft skills” that lead to success. This workshop provides tools to help you keep a job, excel at your job and be more productive.
- Wednesdays, 2 – 4 p.m.