10 Tips for Finding the Best Goodwill Treasures
You’ve heard the tales of people finding one-of-kind antiques or expensive designer handbags at ridiculously low prices. Or perhaps you have a stylish friend who always looks put broker opzioni binarie together and has found almost everything in her closet at her local thrift store. Check out our best tips and let us know what you would you add to our list in the comments section.
- Shop often. New product hits the store floors every day (if not every hour) so hit up your local stores as often as possible and don’t be too disappointed if you don’t find anything on a certain trip. There’s always next time.
- Maximize savings. Shop on Wednesdays at any Palmetto Goodwill store using your and we’ll double your points, earning you a 25% savings for a future shopping trip even faster.
- Make a wish list. Need vintage fabric for a project or been searching for the perfect coffee table for a DIY project? Unlike traditional stores, Goodwill may not always have exactly what you’re looking for but if you keep a list of the items you’d like to find, you’ll be less likely to pass over something that could be just what you need!
- Be creative. Think about how you might be able to use items differently than they were intended. For example, maybe some fun sheets would make awesome decorative curtains or a top that has some great vintage buttons might be worth the buy even if you plan to take the buttons off for something else.
- Plan ahead. If you need a specific item last minute, you may have to resort to a traditional retailer (and pay full price!) BUT… plan ahead and you can probably find exactly what you need at a fraction of the cost.
- Look for classics. Fashions come and go but some staples will always be in style. Be on the lookout for well-made items that will anchor your wardrobe such as a black blazer, white button down, dark jeans and shift dresses.
- Thrift Online. For those days when hopping from store to store just isn’t in the cards, head to ShopGoodwill.com. You can shop items from Goodwill stores all across the country and many of the items sold here are high-end and/or unique.
- Bring your smart phone. There are several apps that will allow you to plug in information or take a photo of an item if you want to see the retail price. This won’t help you find items you love but it will help you see how much you’re saving!
- Don’t be afraid of projects. From sewing up a seam to a complete furniture re-do, often times the best finds need a little TLC. Don’t be afraid to test out your DIY skills to turn something you like into something you love.
- Have fun! Shopping thrift can save you money but it’s also a great way to spend an afternoon. You often find the best treasures when you aren’t looking too hard.