The below information is provided as resources for individuals and businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Unemployment Online Resources
- SC Department of Employment and Workforce (SCDEW)
- Unemployment Benefits Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
The Lowcountry Hope Center
The Lowcountry Hope Center located at 7220 Investment Dr, North Charleston is still open. Due to the Coronavirus the following modified services are available:
- The Bread Basket is open and providing curbside food distribution M-F, 9:45 am to 12 noon. New clients are required to bring a photo ID. Please expect delays. Se habla español.
- The Homebound Food Delivery service is M-F, 12 noon to 5 pm. Registration is required and space is still available.
- The Lowcountry Hope Center has recently received a grant for COVID-19 Relief Funds. If families are struggling with housing payments and utility bills, applications are available.
For questions to all of these services, or to make application to the COVID-19 Relief Fund, please call 843-486-1955. Walk-in services are not available at this time.
- COVID-19 Resource Hub (SCDEW)
- DHEC COVID-19 Resource Page
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC
- IRS COVID-19 Tax Relief Information
- Vaccinating Your Finances from COVID-19 https://tinyurl.com/Vaccinating-My-Finances [tinyurl.com]
- SBA Resources: https://www.ceterus.com/covid19
Online Career Trainings
- Palmetto Goodwill Online Training & Career Certifications
- Class Central offers thousands of free online courses from some of the top universities around the world. Browse the catalog at https://www.classcentral.com/ [classcentral.com]
- To access Coursera content for free, you’ll need to select the option to “audit” the course. Please see pic below. You may also find access to other content using this same option.
Current Online Job Listings
- Job Listings-Companies Now Hiring!
- National Companies Hiring: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/heres-whos-hiring-right-now-andrew-seaman/
Veteran and/or Veteran Spouse Resources
- Veteran Services, Trainings & Helpful Resources
- CARES Act Extends VA Home Loan Pre-Foreclosure Options
For Employers- Dislocated Worker/On the Job Training Program
Have you been Dislocated (Laid Off) from your Job?
Please fill out the form for our Dislocated Workers Program below