April 21, 2020
As we continue to monitor the situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and what’s coming out of our governor’s office, we want to make sure you all are kept informed with any new developments for our organization. Leaders have met several times over the last two days and made the decision to reopen. Thanks to our generous donors, our stores will be full and able to support our valuable mission of getting people back to work. Please remember, everything we are doing right now is with your health and safety in mind.
- Beginning Saturday, April 25, retail stores will reopen but have modified hours of operations from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Additional safety measures are being implemented, including but not limited to, cleaning the store every morning before opening to the public, providing directional signage to encourage and enforce physical distancing of customers, restricting customer capacity to 20%, and installing sneeze guards at the register.
- Donation centers will be open as well, but employees will continue to assist donors at a distance.
- The Goodwill Outlet, located beside the Goodwill retail store on Rivers Ave. in North Charleston, will reopen on Monday, May 4. Please click here to view additional shopping regulations that apply to this location.
- Beginning April 27, six of our Career Opportunity Centers will reopen with limited hours of 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. These are in Charleston, Summerville, Florence, Sumter, North Myrtle Beach and Carolina Forest.
- Our virtual career center will continue its operations to assist those unable to travel, or preferring online services.
- Safety procedures, similar to those planned for Retail, are being implemented as well.
- Sites remain operational and staff equipped to honor new federal government protocols.