Embark on a Culinary career with:
Are you looking for an opportunity to get your foot in the door of the booming restaurant scene? Maybe you’re looking to switch fields altogether and begin a new culinary career path? If so, our Culinary Kick-Start program is for you!
Apply below for a free 8-day culinary training designed to get you prepared to begin a career with top employers.
Applications Being Accepted for 2020 Courses
Session 1: January 21
Session 2: February 17
Session 3: April 13
Session 4: May 11
Session 5: July 20
Session 6: August 17
Session 7: October 12
- Hands-On Training. You will begin the program with four full days of prep-cook training, learning food safety and sanitation, kitchen equipment and knife basics. You will then have the opportunity to work in real working kitchens at partner sites. In this portion of the course, you will focus on developing your palettes while furthering your education in kitchen safety, mise en place, equipment and more.
- Job Readiness Course. Succeeding in the workplace requires more than experience and training. Employers are looking for team members who have the “soft skills” that lead to long-term success. Goodwill will provide you with the tools you need to get, keep and excel in your new job including creating a stand-out resume, acing the interview and applying conflict resolution techniques.
- Job Placements. The program will conclude with a graduation ceremony and an opportunity to interview with culinary partners at participating restaurants. Available full-time positions start at $12 per hour. Goodwill will also work with you one-on-one to identify and prepare you for job interviews, including resume writing and interview skills.
- Day 1: Employment Skills / ServSafe Training with Palmetto Goodwill
- Day 2 – 5: Training at Community Kitchen
- Day 6 – 8: On-site chef apprenticeships at local restaurants
- Day 9: Graduation and Interviews at Palmetto Goodwill