If you are a veteran, unemployed due to a layoff or closure, or eligible for SNAP benefits, you will most likely qualify for this program at no cost.
About This Course:
- Goodwill’s 8-week welding course takes place in North Charleston. Registration is ongoing.
What You Will Learn:
- OSHA 10 Hours. OSHA works to reduce workplace injuries and fatalities through training and safety standards. Many of these standards specifically require employers to ensure that workers are trained on the hazards they may encounter.
- Forklift Training and Certification. Students will learn the knowledge necessary to take the Caterpillar Sit Down Rider Theory and Practical test.
- NCCER Certified Welding. Students learn basic safety skills and basic principles of Welding. Students will learn different cutting types, including Oxyfuel, Plasma Arc, Pulse MIG, and be fully prepared to pass their D-1-1 exam in order to start a welding career.
What You Will Earn:
- Upon successful completion of the program, students will obtain an OSHA Construction Safety Completion Card, as well as Forklift Certification.