PLEASE NOTE: All Kick-Start courses scheduled for March and April have been postponed.
Are you looking for an opportunity to break into the thriving Charleston or Myrtle Beach hospitality and tourism scene? If so, our Hospitality Kick-Start program is for you!
Apply now for the FREE training course designed to get you prepared to begin a career with top employers.
START Program. The START (Skills, Tasks, And Results Training) program was developed by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute to help individuals get on track to begin their careers in hospitality or continue their education. The course covers 12 of the major line-level positions in the hospitality industry and teaches the skills and tasks necessary to do each job. In addition, the student learns about the lodging industry, guest service, professionalism, safety and much more.
Graduates of the START class receive a Certificate of Completion. In addition, students will receive a professional certification in one of five line-level positions below. These certifications are recognized nationally.
- Guest Service Professional
- Front Desk Representative
- Guestroom Attendant
- Maintenance Employee
- Restaurant Server
- Hands-On Training. The program will include on-the-job training. Each student will shadow a professional within the line of work they decide (Guest Services, Front Desk, Guestroom Attendant, Maintenance Employee, Restaurant Server).
- Job Readiness Course. Succeeding in the workplace requires more than experience and training. Employers are looking for team members who have the “soft skills” that lead to long-term success. Goodwill will provide the tools to help each student to attain, keep and excel in their new job including creating a stand-out resume, acing the interview and applying conflict resolution techniques.
- Job Placements. Following the program, GoodPeople Staffing will work with each participant one-on-one to identify and prepare for appropriate job opportunities. The program will conclude with an opportunity to interview with program partners for available positions.