Embark on a Culinary career with:
Are you looking for an opportunity to get your foot in the door of the booming restaurant scene?
Maybe you’re looking to switch fields altogether and begin a new culinary career path? If so, our Culinary Kick-Start program is for you!
This is an evening course held at Trident Tech’s Thornley Campus in North Charleston. Class is held on Monday and Tuesday for 7 weeks. Participants achieve a ServSafe Food Handling certification and are also awarded three Continuing Education Credits to go towards a Culinary Arts Certificate.
Apply below for this FREE culinary training designed to get you prepared to begin a career with top employers.
- Hands-On Training. Courses include prep-cook training, learning food safety and sanitation, kitchen equipment and knife basics. Participants will also work in real working kitchens with program partners. In this portion of the course the focus is on developing your palettes while furthering your education in kitchen safety, mise en place, equipment and more.
- Job Readiness Course. Succeeding in the workplace requires more than experience and training. Employers are looking for team members who have the “soft skills” that lead to long-term success. Goodwill will provide you with the tools you need to get, keep and excel in your new job including creating a stand-out resume, acing the interview and applying conflict resolution techniques. Additionally, participants will receive a ServSafe Food Handler certification as part of this course.
- Job Placements. The program will conclude with a graduation ceremony and an opportunity to interview with culinary partners at participating restaurants. Available full-time positions start at $12 per hour. Goodwill will also work with you one-on-one to identify and prepare you for job interviews, including resume writing and interview skills.
- Where: Trident Tech’s Thornley Campus on Rivers Ave in N Charleston
- Sample Course Schedule:
- Seven Weeks
- Meets Monday and Tuesday 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Daytime Class (information coming soon)
Terms and conditions: Select candidates will be asked to take assessments and attend interviews. Final apprentices are chosen based on determination, merit and previous work experience. Participants must commit to the entire seven week program.