COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S LICENSE (CDL-A) COURSE (4 week/8 week courses)
Upcoming Courses: Open Enrollment-Classes Ongoing
Locations: North Charleston, Sumter, Walterboro and Hardeeville
What You Will Learn:
- Range Skills. Pre-trip inspection; shifting; coupling and uncoupling; straight-line and offset backing; parallel parking; proper position of fifth wheel; adjust sliding tandems.
- Over the Road (BTW). Two lane roads; divided highways; left and right turns on city streets; changing lanes; merging into traffic; proper actions at scales; safely fueling vehicle; night driving (3 hours); docking at a commercial dock.
- Observation (OBS). Students will observe the operation of a commercial vehicle in the areas indicated above. Instructors will comment on areas to which students should pay special attention as a vehicle is operated.
- Regulations. Motor carrier safety regulations; correct log book procedures; defensive driving; brake systems; accident reports; fire safety; training materials to prepare to pass permit test at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
What You Will Earn:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-A). This program will prepare students to obtain their CDL-A from SCDMV, enabling them to seek employment as professional drivers.